Au Pair in China - How to Register
Your application begins with your registration for Star Exchange Au Pair in China program in the Home menu under "Apply". There you have to complete our online questionnaire and write a short letter to your future host family. The questions are meant to find a suitable host family for you. In addition, you have to upload 5- 10 pictures of yourself, which will be shown to the family. Of course, your future host family would appreciate pictures of you with children – if possible. In addition, we need scans of your passport (pages with personal details and the photo page) and a proof of your English skills (certificate or school report). If English was your mother tongue this would not be necessary, but is appreciated by your future host family. If you still do not possess a passport, please upload a picture of your driver's license or identification card. Finally, you have to agree to our terms of cooperation and submit your registration. After a successful registration you will receive a confirmation email from Star Exchange. We will then get in touch with our certified partner agencies to look for a suitable host family for you. If your application has been successful, we will send you a second confirmation email. More information can be found in the main menu under "Successful Application".
- Complete the questionnaire
- Write a short letter to your future host family to introduce yourself
- Upload 5-10 pictures of you, which you would like to show your future host family
- Upload images of your passport (respectively of your identity card or driving license) as well as proof of your English skills
- Agree to the terms of cooperation
- Submit registration
- Receive a confirmation email
- Receive an e-mail that informs you about the outcome of your application (usually within one week )
Due to high demand , we suggest that you apply up to 4 months in advance.
It would be best if you already have a passport with at least 10 remaining months of validity and 8 empty pages.
A list of the required documents after successfully applying can be downloaded here.