Au Pair in China - Successful Application
If your application has been successful, we will usually contact you within a week. If your application unfortunately has been rejected by every potential host family, you will also receive an email usually within a week.
Now, the next task will be to choose the right host family. For the coordination on the Chinese side one of our certified partner agencies will take over to take care of the formalities and provide you with a personal advisor in China. Do not worry; all personal advisors speak English and are led by team leaders who were themselves once Au Pair. If problems arise, you can of course contact the Star Exchange anytime at any time, and we will be glad to help.
At the latest now you have to apply for your passport, as it is essential for all subsequent steps. If you already have one, ensure that it has at least 6 months validity (from the planned visa application date on) and 8 empty pages. In addition, you need to apply for your police clearance certificate and get a certificate from a doctor confirming that you have no dangerous infectious diseases (such as hepatitis or AIDS ). Both certificates may be necessary to enroll at the university, but is expected in any case by our host families; understandably, they do not want to expose their child to any health risks. Additionally they will vouch for you with their invitation letter and accordingly do not want to take any safety risks, either.
Our certified partner agencies will introduce you to several families, register you at the university, provide you with the necessary documents for the visa formalities, provide insurance, book your flight according to your wishes, and will answer any questions that you may have. If you are not satisfied with your personal advisor, please let us know so we can assign you another one.
After you have you chosen a host family, you will exchange emails to get to know each other, and our colleagues will organize a first Skype conversation for you. More information can be found in the next sub-menu "Skype Conversation”.
Please, note: If during this phase it turns out that your English skills are not adequate, it is possible that you may be asked to leave the program.
- You will receive an email informing you whether your application was successful or not.
- If your application was successful, we will assign you a personal advisor in China who accompanies you throughout the entire program.
- Take care of your passport (at least 6 months validity from the planned visa application date on, 8 empty pages), health certificate and police clearance certificate.
- We will help you to find the right host family.
- We will arrange a first Skype conversation between you and the potential host family.
- After choosing a host family, you and your host family will sign an au pair contract.
- At this point, we suggest that you take care of the recommended vaccinations.
- We register you for the university and provide insurance for you.
- You will apply for your X2 visa.
- You will receive your visa and we will book a flight according to your wishes.
- You will fly to Beijing for our training center.
- You will live with your host family.
A list of the required documents after a successful application can be found here.
Please note, that the flight allowance is depending upon the length of your stay:
- 12 months: free round-trip flight
- 6-11 months: free return flight
- 3-5 months: 300 Euro flight allowance
However, it should be noted that Star Exchange will not pay for special services or self-inflicted transfer costs.