Teacher in China - Application Process
The application process for the Star Exchange Teacher in China Program mainly consists out of three steps:
- Clear out questions and apply on our website
- Hand in the required documents and take part in a Skype interview with one of our program consultants
- Choose a suitable school and take part in an interview
1) Clear out questions and apply on our website
Please inform yourself on our website – especially about the necessary requirements. You can download a program overview here.
After receiving your application, one of our program coordinators will get in touch with you and help you during each step to follow.
2) Hand in the required documents and take part in a Skype interview with one of our program consultants
A complete application will require the following documents:
- completed application form (download, not necessary if you apply online)
- university diploma and references
- application photo
- English CV
- introduction letter to the school – in English
- criminal record (can be handed in later)
- maybe an introduction video in English – if requested by the school
After a successful application we will need the following documents to prepare the visa application:
- a copy of your passport’s personal data pages
- a copy of two free passport pages
- health certificate
- other documents required by the Chinese consulate responsible for your region (detailed information can be found here.)
The purpose of the Skype interview will be from our side to evaluate your English level. For you it is the perfect chance to get to know your program coordinator and to ask any questions you still might have in mind.
3) Choose a suitable school and take part in an interview
After you have passed the first two steps of the application process, we will introduce to you schools which are interested in your application. When you are happy, we will arrange an interview with a representative of that school. If the interview will not be between you and the school’s headmaster, you will most likely be asked to hand in a short introduction video (approximately 3 minutes), in which you introduce yourself and state your motivation.
After a successful match we and your future host institution will help you with all necessary formalities to follow.
If during the process any questions should arise from your side, please never hesitate to contact your program coordinator!